Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Pray!!!


First I want to mention a beautiful moment that happen tonight and ask for prayer. Lim, is taking his state exam tomorrow. He is the smartest kid in our city and he is competing tomorrow to be the smartest kid in the state. This test is hard and eight hours long. So please pray that Lim would be washed in the peace that comes with the spirit. That everything that he has studied would be at the forefront of his mind. That he could concentrate and perform well. We are proud of him, regardless. He has worked so so hard! Oh we prayed for him tonight the whole family did. I peeked because that’s what I always do, and I saw 35 beautiful faces concentrated earnestly in prayer. 35 beautiful Cambodian faces murmuring their heartfelt prayers together. That’s how Cambodia’s pray, one person beginnings and then everyone else prays out loud but individually, it’s my favorite way to pray! So anyways it was a beautiful moment.

So the Lord is moving here and He is officially made it clear my position in Takeo. I have been teaching English at the church for a couple weeks now and a few of the children are slowly but surely getting comfortable with me. We have decided to do our best to improve the youth program or lack their off at the church. Kit and Ream have asked me to speak and have Sadong interpret. This makes me overwhelming excited! I am so excited to be able to tell Buddhist teenagers about the gospel, to speak in love the hugeness of my King! To say to them, “Listen close, I have the good news, I have news that will transform your life, I know a God that lives, that breaths, that responds! I know a God that is way too big to be stuck in a temple. I know a God that wants nothing of your sacrifice, but instead you! He is God that desires to love and know you personally. I am so excited to speak the good news. However, I desire to be wise and humble in this pursuit. To speak in a way that flows from the throne and to speak in a way that is real and personal. I want to be relevant to Cambodian teenagers, this part of the equation I am unsure. I want to speak humbly and in love, for I know that the pure of heart will see God. I do not want to pursue this new responsibility with any ounce of self glory; I pray that the spirit will not allow me to get puffed up.

So I ask that you pray that you intercede. I ask that you pray that the Lord plants a message in my lap. That he gives me words to speak specifically to the ears that are coming to hear. I would ask that you would pray that He would begin to open closed ears and melt cold hearts. I pray that the enemy would have no place in our preparations. That the tempter would not allow self-pride or distraction to interfere. I pray that I and everyone here could approach this endeavor zealous for the glory of God and the chance to bring more members of the body home. I pray for the lost, sometimes I can see evil in the eyes of the village children here. Sometimes I can see hurt, pain, hopelessness expressed on their faces. I pray that the gospel would defeat this. That the gospel would be like a cold drink, chocolate cake, like a family reunion. I pray that our words and actions would display love that woos the Fathers sons and daughters into Him. I pray that I and no one else would limit the power of God. That we would see Him in fullness and then desire to bring heaven on earth. That our goal would be no smaller than to bring heaven to earth, because you tell us this is the way to pray. “Let it be on earth as it is in heaven.” The orphanage children have all stepped up to have some type of leadership in this mission, I pray that they would take it seriously as the body. That their hearts would be moved for their friends. That they would begin to reach out and be the hands and feet. Pray for Sunday morning, lift up this time in prayer, and bath it in petition to the throne. Lift up our time of preparation, that all would be in agreement and be like-minded. I also ask that the seed of the gospel would be watered, nurtured, cared for after its planting. The Lord did not command us to go and make converts but instead go and make disciplines. Pray that if the Lord wishes to bring revival that He would raise up leadership in order to tend to the flock. Please partner with me in pray for this. If the spirit sends you scripture, encouragement, intercession, I pray that you would respond to it. I pray that the body would begin to appeal the thrown for their Cambodian brothers and sisters. I pray for humility.

Thank you family and friends that I consider family! Thank you for allowing me to see Jesus in this way. Thank you all that allowed this coming Sunday to happen. I praise Jesus that He has given me such a supportive and encouraging body. Sometimes when I think about the Lords love I cry, and then sometimes when I think about how He loves me through so so so so many family and friends I cry beautiful buckets of Joy. I may be the most blessed person in the world concerning being loved in completely ridiculous ways. I love you all! P.S. The orphanage needs a new sewing machine. The one we are currently using is being taken back by its previous owner. So we are out of a sown machine and considering the kids all mend their own clothes this is somewhat important. The little tiny girls all repair the boys clothes it’s really quite adorable. Let me know if the spirit compels you. sorry i don't know why the font is like this? I cant figure out how to change it.

1 comment:

  1. Courtney,

    The LORD gave me Isaiah 55 for you. I believe every part of it is his heart for you, but I want to isolate a couple parts specifically:

    "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." v.8-9

    The LORD declares His ways and thoughts higher than you could ever imagine; His thoughts for you are more than the sand on the seashore. This is true not only about His character but also in the context of what He thinks about you and Cambodia. No one can know the extent of His love or His plans to bless you or Cambodia.

    "Instead of the thorn shall come up the cypress; instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle; and it shall make a name for the LORD, an everlasting sign that shall never be cut off." v.13

    I believe this is the LORD's economy. He exchanges good for bad, blessings for evil. This is what you should expectantly pray for in all of your interactions. The LORD is so excited about reversing the status quo and turning the tables on evil.

    Amen.

    I miss you and I'm praying for you.

    -Andrew Butler

    ReplyDelete