Friday, February 19, 2010

The Happenings....



So I wanted to show you Ankor Wat or at least my experience there. It was a fun day! We got up a 3:30..in the morning. In order to see the sunrise over the main temple. This was a sleepy beautiful scene, considering I have only seen about 3 sunrises in my life, I am not really a morning person, it was defiantly a blessing. We toured the main temples, 3 of the most famous. The first is a huge huge temple with thousands upon thousands of ancient cravings over every inch of the temple. The craving tell a story of Cambodian life 1,000 of years ago. The second temple is slightly falling apart, considering its probably the oldest thing I have ever seen this is understandable. At this temple you will find extremely detailed HUGE craven images of the prior Gods face. His face is all over the temple, it 3D, think of an very egotistical mount Rushmore. Also as you walk the halls of this temple you will find giant shaft like idols protruding from the tiling. Ream informed me that this was a wait for, wait for, wait for.....penis God! What Men? Really? Seriously! Okay so only a supposed God King would make an entire temple dedicated to his own face and penis. Only men are capable of this type of ridiculous:) The last temple was my favorite, there are huge ancient trees that appear to be reclaiming the temple. There roots are huge and billow and break through most of the temple. It was pretty insane to see. I liked to think of it, as God himself reclaiming what was once His, like God said, "No I will take this land back as my own!" I like to think like this but it might be a little bit of stretch. We got to bring Rachana and Chow with us on this trip. Most of the kids have never traveled so this was a special trip for them. Poor Rachana was car sick the whole way but never complained, you would not believe how well behaved the children are here. American parents would pant with jealousy. She puked so quietly in the car, no asking for anything, and never complaining. Poor sweet thing such a trooper. We went to the culture center which was like a Cambodian theme park based on traditional Cambodia. This was fun, interesting, and down right hilarious at some points. It was crazy because of Chinese New Year, people everywhere! We got really hot and sticky at one point and ended up stepping out to get something to drink, I had the best Spirit of my life!! So that was most of the highlights of our trip to Seam Reap, Oh we took a 6 hour bus to get there, not bad though. So I wanted to tell funny orphanage stories for the remainder of the blog.

1. So we were talking with this tuk tuk driver, me and Erica, and we asked him what his name was. He respond very seriously James Bond. What? James Bond, its easier to remember then my real name, so just call me Bond, James Bond. He did not invert the name like I previous noted but I feel that it adds to the story:)

2. One night we were up playing and one of the boys goes to bed, littler guy, and shouts from the stairs, "Goodnight Courtney, Shower? You Shower?" I was like what Darow, he is just kept saying shower, shower, you shower. Kit was like I think its a proposition. I am not exactly sure, probably recently discovered the English word for shower, regardless very funny moment.

3. Umm..we found a baby bird today little tiny thing. As I showed Rosa she tired to smash it. This was a character revealing moment. However, Chow and Vuthy got to work on finding its home. I walked out holding the bird while Vuthy balance on this sketch looking ladder. He looked at me and said, "Bird." So I handed him the bird, he simply with the gentlest of care shoved it into a hole in the wall. A very small hole, I thought well okay sorry bird you now get to die in that hole. However, it was later explained that this was most likely a birds nest. I am not sure how successful our mission was.

4. Sam, the oldest of the Carson boys, is obsessed with my butt. I guess mine isn't special. He is mostly just obsessed with butts, jiggling them, bouncing off them, encouraging others to feel. This creates very interesting situations:)

5.Last night I went to lay in my bed which generally has the peices of a few dead bugs that I dust away, in my dusting, something moved under my sheet. So of course I cautiously investigated. As I pulled back my pillow I found a Salamander. This took several minuets as I chased him around my bed. eventually I couldn't find him anymore and decided we could share the bed:)

5.5 This is a pic of Chow on this weird tourist attraction thing, he is so shy we made him do it really, i giggle every time i see this picture

6.A ant crawled out of my rice once while we were eating on the road, I was hungry and decided I was hungry and it was just an ant. some of you are about to vomit:)

7. Joe says the B word instead of Bridge, this deserves a giggle every time.

8. There is a wealth of more, I just can't remember.

I love you all! I wish you could be here to adventure with me! I wish you could see this world through my eyes.

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE the tree that is breaking down the temple walls! oooh!!!

    ReplyDelete