Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Girl Time...

So regular life here at the orphanage has finally settled in. I don't mean to switch over so quickly to a happy blog from my previous one. However, that is life here in Cambodia-so much Joy with suffering. So now for Joy! Last night was really amazing...I got to bond with all the girlies. I brought out 1 bottle of pink nail polish and 1 bottle of red. The girls frenzied! It was so much fun as each girl picked there color and went to town. We painted toes and fingers, so were around 20 girls. Lots and lots of toes and fingernails. It was great. One of the girls witchika, was obsessed with my razor stubble. She kept bringing all the other girls over and rubbing their hands on my legs. It was a good old time. I yearn for quite time with the Lord here. My favorite time of the day is quite time on the roof spent with him. We spend time together, he lavishes me in love, and then I prance around like a 15 year-old so in love with her king. I have a lot i still need to process, a lot that needs time to think through. I feel like he is bringing me through lots of things some what quickly. I have been thinking a lot about romance, romance in relationship, the seeming romance of the mission field, the romance we attach to our dreamed of futures. I don't know, being in this place some what strips romance, its beautiful but its not romantic. Life is hard regardless of who you are, beautiful moments but I would never call life here or work here at all romantic. I will think more and get back to you. Life here is just so real! Its hard to explain I am sorry. Well Rylee this is for you, I went to church the other day and realized that I was the tallest and biggest person in the room--including the grown men. This was both weird and hilarious at the same time, because in the states I am pretty darn average in height. So now I relate to you friend. I have been bounding specifically with a few of the kids. A few always seek to include me and test out there english. I am getting bolder at approaching the language barrier myself. Today is good, relaxing even, but who knows what comes with the night. If anyone knows any tips on teaching english to 10-16 year old khmer speakers please let me know:) Well I want to leave you with a bit out of this book I have been reading, "come away my beloved."

O my beloved, abide under the shelter of the lattice, for I have bethrothed you to myself, and through you are sometimes indifferent toward Me, My love for you is at all times as a flame of fire. My ardor never cools. My longings for your love and affection is deep and constant.

Tarry not for an opportunity to have more time to be alone with Me. Take it, though you leave the tasks at hand. Nothing will suffer. Things are of less importance that you think. Our time together is like a garden full of flowers, whereas the time you give to things is as a field full of stubble.

I love you, and if you always, as it were, feel My pulse beat, you will recieve insight that will igve you sustaining strength. I bore your sins adn I wish to carry your burdens. You may take the gift of a light and merry heart, for My love dispels all fear and is a cure for every ill. Lay your head upon My breast and lose yourself in Me. You will experience resurrection life and peace; the joy of the Lord will become your strength; and wells of salvation will be opened within you

I yearn for wells of salvation, but first I must simply lay my head against His chest! Please know that the Lord has given me a heart for this blog. He has made it clear that He wants you all to hear this story and here about him and his character across the world. So I hope and pray that you follow closely and allow the Lord to move and shift in your heart as He is doing in mine. I love you all. I LOVE YOU! I lOVE YOU! I miss everyone at home and seas upon seas could not quench my love for you. Please know that even though I am not currently in your life my heart is for you and I can't wait to be home and tackle you all. Pile upon my return, no objections! Caleb Smith I will give you no choice! Love Love

1 comment:

  1. I have some tips for teaching non-native English speakers English.

    1. Explain what nouns are. Person, place or thing.
    2. Explain what verbs are. Actions or state of being.
    3. Then try to show the relationship between the two. Be able to denote each one while you are speaking because not all languages place the subject and the predicate in a sentence the same way we do. If you are able to do that, the children will be able to learn a more natural form of speech.

    Those three are probably the most important things you need to know. However, these tips will also help the children learn from your speech.

    1. Do not use complicated metaphors, which is a lot easier to do than you think. For example, if you were talking about different areas you've been to and said, ".. each one has a unique flavor." That is very confusing for someone who doesn't speak English to understand. Just think about it from their standpoint. Why use a word normally used to describe food to describe something that isn't food?
    2. Do not use contractions.
    3. Try to not use pronouns. He, she, it, ect. By eliminating pronouns it will be easier for the children to the see the relationship between the nouns and verbs you're using.

    These are relatively simple things, but are the basis for learning any language.

    ReplyDelete