Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Lately...


Alright Cambodia Update:
1. The Baby, things are going remarkably well! I have pretty much reached the extent of my knowledge with the baby and have been praying for more help. Guess what? Gods answers prayers and does he ever. Through a very brilliant connection...Rylee Duckworth...we found several MD's that seriously want to lend a hand. Its so wonderful because we can get any test or scan here for extremely cheap, but no one knows how to read them. So the help sent is perfect! We hope to collaborate knowledge with resource and diagnosis this baby. Then after diagnosis move on with treatment. Hope! Hope! I am unsure what the end result will be, but it brings me so much peace that educated people will be able to show love and care to this family. Lift this all up in prayer!

2. Sumly, this young lady has been a wonderful adventure. Kit and Ream have connected with a 18 year-old girl in our village. She is deaf and therefore mostly unable to communicate with the people around her. She has attended school, where she learned to read and write, and sign language. However, she recently stopped going to school. We went to meet her about a week ago and it was insane to translate for her. It was so fun for her to speak in sign, me to speak in English, Sadong to speak in Khmer, all for Sumly's mother to understand her. She voiced all of her wants and needs that no one has been able to understand before our arrival. She has a wonderful spirit and talks a mile a minute. It was nearly impossible for me to keep up with story after story that she communicated. It was like a dam broke, she hadn't spoken to anyone in a very long time, and felt like catching me up on all her life happenings. I will hopefully be working with her for several hours in the morning to reteach some forgotten signs and work on communication. We hope to get her back in school, but with some changes to fit her needs. This is such a wonderful experience for me as I get to sign again, communicate with an awesome girl, and see our kids interact with someone totally different then them. They have welcomed her with such grace...did I mention that they are fantastic!! I love them so much!

3. Boray one of our older boys choose to go home. This is a very long story that basically ends with a teenager wanting to pursue his own life. It was hard for us all to see him go but his choices left us no choice. It hurt us all to see him turn his back on his family that loves him so much. Also not to mention to choose the world over Jesus. That is the heart of Boray decision. He wanted the comfort and pleasures of the world over the everlasting love of Jesus. This is the most heart breaking part of his decision. Continue to pray for our brother..I pray that the Lord would meet him in vision and in dream. That the Lord would continue to pursue his heart. That Boray would understand the victory of Jesus instead of the certain defeat that comes with choosing flesh and ultimately satan.

Things have been really busy here for all parties. It seems as if these past 2 weeks have disappeared before my eyes. The kids have started to plead in there own ways for my permanent residents in Cambodia. They have sent several of the best English speakers to plead on everyone's behalf to ask me to stay. I have communicated school, family, and friends which seems to settle the masses. This blesses and torments me so. It is beautiful that we have come to love each other, but hard to know that the end is near. I have come to reason that even though this love is short and soon to be painful, it is totally worth it. The point of life is love, and the Lords depiction of love is so different then the worlds. He promises that LOVE WILL HURT, and that love looks more like sacrifice than anything else. After all Jesus was only with us for a short time, however, the Love he showed has echoed across all generations. I will rest in this...even though it sort of...sucks:)

So spiritually things have been interesting for me lately. The Lord has been challenging me with many new revelations. Many new revelations that I don't completely understand. So i will voice them for multiple reasons. One that talking through things is mostly the only way I can think straight and two for the body to lend advice. He has been asking me, "to die completely to myself, to lay down the dead man and take up the spirit." I have seen resurrection scripture in a new light. I know that all Joy, all fellowship, all intimacy with God comes from dying to self and being 1 with Christ. He says, "I will be in you, and you will be in me." He means this. He means that you can constantly exist in my presences. I want this! I yearn for this! However, I know this will be a process. I must lay everything flesh at his feet, surrender all parts of me to his spirit. I am not exactly sure what this looks like? I am not exactly sure what he is asking me to do? He has also said, "that you can't seek me in flesh, but instead spirit and in truth." I have asked for more of him, I have asked to experience him like the members of the first church. I have asked that he would not limit his love and blessing to me. I have welcomed him in his hugeness and asked for more and you know what he has withheld himself. It seems as if he has something to teach me first, something to show me along the journey. This is generally how he works with me. Pulling all my expectations apart before he brings the rain. Lowering all pride before he brings revelation. I am hopeful for what he is revealing for I know his heart for me and I know it is good. So now I will wait! I will wait on Him! This is so in the character of the bridegroom. If you look at what he asks of his bride, he asks her to wait. He says lovely lady wait on me. Wait with expectation of my return, of our wedding day, of the time when we will become as one. So I will wait and surely not be ashamed by the waiting. If the Lord reveals anything to you on my behalf please send it, I could really use the loving guidance of his body. I feel a tad bit lost, a tad bit unsure of my footing, which is probably good but new for me.

I have officially half way through my trip....ummm I don't know how i feel about this. I know that this is where I am suppose to be and the Lord has revealed that time and time again and he has connected me with his body. I love him, this trip has bolstered time and time again, that I am desperately in love with him...okay one more short story of his love...sorry I write alot.

So Sunday I spoke on the resurrection and to be honest was lazy in preparation of the sermon. I was super tired and distracted by the needs of the day. However, the spirit spoke for me, and gave Sadong the grace to translate. Then as I felt his grace wash over me, one of our older boys, Melor, who never really shows emotion. He has also been known to be one of older boys that causes a bit of trouble. He looks at me and in the sign language that I just recently taught him says, "Good Job," right in the middle of the sermon. He said it with complete sincere encouragement, normally the older boys only interact with me in joking manners. It was beautiful, truly sent from the Lord to minister to me in the exact moment, in a way that was specific and meaningful to me personally. The Lord is good and wishes to love me specific to me. He romances me daily!!

No comments:

Post a Comment