Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Come On!! Let me show you my Life!!

*So night of the wedding, Lim and Channee come in and ask for the sling shots. I ask why? They said to shoot the wedding guests that try to steal our mango's. You see there was a wedding next door and these two dashing young men were our security. Mom mentioned to them, so naturally, "Oh and shoot them if they pee on our fence." Its strange that this is a concern. However, in Cambodia every bush or fence is a restroom.


*The newly married couple. The kids and I got to sneak in at the last part of the wedding. Weddings are huge here! They take about three days, the bridal party has insane outfits, and the bride may change her colorful dresses 2 or 3 times a day. The wedding starts in the afternoon and can last till 2 or 3 in the morning. Lets just say we all took sleeping pills when the wedding party started:) Here's the wedding Andrew:)

*This is Englim, one of the students in my class. The women and girls spend all day doing there hair, make-up, and preparing there dresses. The boys stare at the sight of them. They are truly stunning. The girls came over to get pictures with there friends, and some of our older boys were shy but clearly impressed. I know for a fact that Vuthy has a personal interest in Englim:)

*We made smore's a couple of night ago. Well sort of:) However, it was so much fun to watch the kids attempt to roast there marshmallows. You would hear a disappointed sigh or scream here and there as they melted away and dropped into the fire. It was a great night overall and everyone enjoyed the treat. For most this was there first smore. The girls are Rachana who is full of beautiful beautiful life, she is so wild, I pray that she will channel this into all of Gods adventures and challenges. Rowitt, the one more behind me, is our newest addition to the orphanage. She is a bright and out-going girl. She has never been to school before because she worked the rice fields with her grandparents. This is extremely hard work!! They were so poor they traveled from field to field with the harvest. Sleeping where ever they ended up that night. However, Kit and Ream will catch her up quickly..and one day I am sure she will go to college. Rowitt had never seen a TV or heard of a birthday before her arrival here.


*Yep! This is what I get to do!! The boys all crowded into the picture. I love them so, this picture will forever be precious to me. Aren't they handsome, I am so proud of them!!



*This is Pecktra! Stinking cute right! For some reason or another Pecktra kind still looks like a street kid:) I think it adds to his charm:) He has taken a keen interest in slapping me on the back every time he walks past me. Then he realized that I understood the word, "EE-ooow." Which basically means please hoist me onto your shoulders so I can ride around. So now, "Courtney EE-oww, Courtney EE-oow." Rings constantly from the little ones. I don't mind because every time I look at Pecktra, I want to squeeze him so hard, his cutest might nearly break my heart:)
Simply said, "I could eat you up, I love you so!"*This is my home! For all of you that are still wondering what exactly does Cambodia look like well this is a view from a near by water tower. The 3 story building is my home!!This is pretty much what most of Cambodia looks like, rice field after rice field, with a few sparse trees here and there.


*Sunset from the water tower, it was truly a beautiful evening! Rylee I know you will love this!! Jealously is not from the Lord:) Jessica this is for you too, I know how you love sunsets!!



*Yep! I know right! In light of all this beauty! This is where the Lord lead me! This is where I get to spend my days!! I praise you father! However, I challenge you to look at the water in this picture, that's drinking water! The brownish, green, infested with trash and misquotes. That is was most Cambodia families drink. Every time I see the water, it urks my insides. Many many Cambodians die each year from dysentery due to unclean water.



*Ummm!! So the kids took me on a little bike ride. "Courtney, Courtney, come play outside." I said okay. Tong says, "You need shorts." I was unsure why but changed anyway. We rode a little ways and parked in front...well a dream come true. Some of you may know that I have a personal passion for climbing things. A water tower was on my list! Da Da Dah!! Jesus how you bless me. This is La one of the older quite boys, he is normally so reserved but on this day even he couldn't resist a smile.


*The kids scrambling up the ladder! As I scream, "Braw yaht" to the crazy ones. This means be careful. Most of our boys are so fearless and enjoy seeing me worry over them. Yong the one closes to the bottom, enjoys this the most. Hanging off the ladder like a monkey, mostly so I will scold him. They are such strong kids, very capable, so I wasn't to worried.


*At the top with everyone. As you reached the top you could climb down into the reservoir and scream and yell, so much fun! Soon this will provide clean drinking water for the village. However, progress has been slowed on the account of limit funds. This day was beyond glorious and will live on in my memory for years to come! The Lord blesses me beyond reason! His love flows through these children. I see hope and promise in them. I wish many many things for them. I wish they had a good school, a private school. I wish they could lay in a huge pile of snow and eat and eat and eat it. I wish that I could show them the US one day. I wish they could see a 3D movie. I wish they could walk through Wal-Mart with 500 dollars. More than anything I pray that they come to love Jesus more and more each day. I wish for the invaluable blessing of true love in their futures, via friends, families, and Jesus!!


*This is Tate and Yong. Yong is closes to the camera and he is already such a man. He is very strong and stoat for a Cambodian. I am positive he is going to grow into a very strong and hardworking man. I pray that he would grow in spiritual strength and leadership as well. Tong is pictured behind him. Tong is brilliant, truly a brilliant kid. I am positive that Tong will know much success in his life due to his smarts, hard-work, and wonderfully charming character. Watch out for Tong in the future, he is going to do great things:)


*These past days have been filled with Joy! The Lord is showing me a lot as well. He continues to ask me to die to myself. To hand him over deep rooted sin, and to instead pick up the righteous robe of Jesus. He has communicated in ways, "I long to show you my Joy, I long to bring you into true fellowship with me. However, this can only happen in the absents of sin, only happen if you die to your old self and pick up eternal life that comes with living in and through Jesus. " I am unsure what this will all bring but I have asked for more. I have asked for revelation, experience, and then testing. I know, praying for testing?!?!? I imagine that my last month here will bring challenge. However, I welcome it because with the challenge and with the test, I will become more like him, walk deeper and closer to his holiness. This is what I desire! I pray that I will be provided the grace to do this, please pray with me. Also if you are a christian and reading this blog, the Lord desires righteousness, holiness, he will settle for nothing less. I pray that he would stir up conviction in not only my own heart but my sisters and brother too. Flee from all sin, always choose righteousness, and pursue holiness! Then Joy will rain! Joy will come like the coming of the dawn!! Oh the promise of dawn, what a beautiful picture, thank you Jesus, thank you that even your creation sings out your promises!!

*I love you all, and even though I love every moment in Cambodia. I look forward to the rest and confidence that comes with my beautiful community at home. Umm...when I return all of you must hug me for at least 2 minutes!! Then some of you, you know who are, must snuggle with me for at least 2 days:) I will be home in a just about a month, I love you family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment