Sunday, March 21, 2010

Church

Church has been going very well. We have been going strong with our new approach for about a month now, and things are still fantastic. Nothing is more encouraging then to see my English students show up week after week. Then its nearly bliss to see them listen to me with such intensity. There are a few faces that i can nearly see the Lord pulling at their heart strings. I can see the spirit churning within them! Pray for boldness on their parts. Pray that they would have the courage to ask questions and approach those already in the body. I have been preaching, which has been a humbling experience. Lets just say that preaching is not a spiritual gift. The Lord has blessed my willingness and shown me that his approval should be my goal. He has shown me that faithfulness instead of success are the goal. So I continue to pray that the spirit would give words, and as Moses I deliver them with graceful stumbling. So Karen Smith and Get the Word sent a donation specifically for bibles. Well that was just about perfect. Our new believers clearly don't have bibles, so we bought a set of bibles that stay in the church, that any new comer can use through the service. We have a lot of Bibles!! We announce that if anyone wants to keep and read there bible they can simply ask to keep it. We can't just pass them out to people because of culture they would either be sold or neglected. The bibles are also used for adult services and the pastor was so thankful for the help. This church operates off of its offering taken by the congregation. The congregation is impoverished, so sometimes its a struggle to meet the needs of the church and the pastors large family. So the donation was a blessing for him as well. It has been wonderful to see the Lord coordinate donation after donation, heart after heart, for his perfect will. Seriously I couldn't even communicate how well this entire trip has been orchestrated. He is a beautiful conductor and the music he creates is truly stunning, as he pulls the talents, gifts, and resources from all members of his symphony. **Okay this was a picture in my head that I tired to communicate. Its really beautiful in my brain wish I could type it effectively***

I also just want to take the time to again thank Karen Smith and the entire Smith family. Truly, truly, they were a blessing from God in all my preparations to be here. There endless prayer and encouragement will forever be treasured. They stepped in at a time when I needed exactly what they had to offer. I will forever be thankful for there support and encouragement. The spirit through Karen was a huge part of me actually getting to Cambodia. Not to mention, the amazing example she showed me. I got to witness a women that has a huge heart for missions, while being a wonderful mother at the same time. Also her fearlessness and confidence in all of her missions was so encouraging. She is just an everyday radical truly running after the heart of the Lord. So again, thank you Jesus for using your body time and time again.



(This is Te-a our worship leader, this young man organizes the pratices, songs, and plays for both children and big church! He is an exteremly talented kid and has a huge heart for the Lord!)

(Next are pictures of praise and worship, songs with motions are the kids favorite!!)



(The girls leading the church!)

(Thank you Karen!)



(This little boy has a very large front tooth and always says, "Hello sister." When I see him on the street. I don't know his name but i think he is the cutest thing I have ever seen!)









(This is Soy, he lives in our village, and is deaf with several other mental delays. He is fantastic! He loves Jesus and blesses me every time I see him. His mother tried to abort him, he has been hit by several cars and motos, and has survived countless near death experiences. The Father loves Soy!! He has a huge plan for him!!)



(This looks like Jesus to me, this is why I am here!)



(Sadong my gracious translator and respected friend!)

No comments:

Post a Comment