Wednesday, April 21, 2010

PRAYER!!

Things seem to be falling in just days before I leave, however, I know the Lord loves to be the valiant hero and save the day. We are trusting that He will save the day!! I need you to partner with me in prayer and intercession. He is the only one that can do this:

1. The baby I have been working with has been sent to the best children hospital in the country. We have given her all the money and information she needs to get the tests that will hopefully make a difference in diagnosing and improving this sick babies life. She has arrived at the hospital and everyone she meets ask her why she is doing this, her baby is worthless, not worth helping, and just a waste of money. This mother and family continues to endure and press on. Now they have taken the scan, taken the money, insulted beyond repair, and now refuse to give the needed scan. They say that it is against their policy to hand out information. They are doing this because they do not want to have a baby helped by a foreign influence...it looks bad for them. Also they refuse because now they have gotten there money and feel no need to actually help this family. You would not believe the cruelty that a normal family has to face on a daily basis. It is nothing but cruel. We are contacting and doing our best to find a loop-hole or someone powerful to make things happen. The Lord has provided for this family each step of the way, now please pray that He will provide us a window, when all the doors have been slammed closed. We need a window!!

2. two of children have returned home, praise Jesus, that the families weren't allowing to come back to the orphanage. However, the grandparents of Pecktra(5) and Witchika(10) and wanted to persuade the mother to sign the papers to get them back. The grandparents are dying which is terribly sad but if the children return home to them, they return to horrible poverty. They return to an environment that does not encourage studying, working, or any type of effort to step out of the poverty they are currently in. They are also stepping out of the protective cloud of Jesus that is this orphanage. Pecktra has chronic ear infections, and a torn eardrum, his family will not be able to afford the medical care to treat this constant issue. He will go deaf within a few years if he goes home. Pray that the Lord will give the mother the strength to stand up to the grandparents, and the wisdom to give her children a future. The mother is the deciding factor, we have no legal authority over the children. There is no law or justice in Cambodia. The word Jusitce is nearly a joke concerning the Cambodian government.

3. Nune, Nyng, and Ly have still not come home. They are with there families and Ream and Kit have made a date to meet with the families and figure out what is going on. Ly the youngest boy is saying that he wants to stay home, because he is teased at the orphanage. Teasing is a part of culture:) The oldest 2 girls are just staying home because that's what there brother is doing. If the oldest girls stay home they will be shipped off to make money for the family in the factory. They are 12 and 13, they will live in the city alone, and work long and hard hours in factory life. More than anything they will again be stepping out of the protective cloud of Jesus. I need my children home!! Nune has spent hours with me doing her best to relay to me her favorite bibles stories with picture books, and reenactments. She loves Jesus! This is her home. The parents are terribly poor and are already out of rice for this season. Please pray! I trust that the Lord will work for the good of those that love him, and these children love him!

4. Also there are several children that are having a very difficult time with my leaving. They are all pulling for attention and love. I wish there were 35 of me, to love them each individually. To hold them before I leave, to tell them just exactly how I feel about them. I am spending a special night with both the boys and the girls. I pray that the spirit would fall on these nights, for I need to speak love, faith, trust, eternity, promise over them. I need to impart on them the peace that transcends all understanding. Time is also running out, I need Jesus to give me time for each of them, and to handle all the end of trip priorities. Each hour of my last days here is being quickly swallowed up. I want to finish all I have started well. I need the Lord.

Stand on promise

No comments:

Post a Comment